Why do we need you
Our developers work on shaping and evolving a product that manages millions of documents per month. We are looking for a passionate Software Developer to join our expanding team and add real value to the business. You will work in small scrum teams collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver exceptional software to our users.
What team will you be joining
You'll be joining our Robot Platform team! This team is responsible for the framework, systems and infrastructure which runs our 1300 automated document connections. Help us massively scale our fleet and improve reliability. We work extensively with Node.js, Postgres, Redis, AWS and Docker. Our robots also interface with various front-end tools such as Vue.js, Angular, React, and Backbone.js, thus giving you a great opportunity to learn the inner workings of these platforms
What essential skills will you need for the role
- 5 years work experience with scalable web applications. This includes understanding tasks such as horizontal scaling and continuous deployment
- 5 years working with a relational database. We use PostgreSQL, but experience with MySQL, MariaDB, MSSQL, or Oracle are all acceptable. You understand how to write queries, define new tables, and have a basic understanding of concepts like indexing, replication, and views.
- Testing. We write our own unit, integration, and end-to-end tests and thorough code coverage is an essential part of considering work "done".
- Recent experience with modern version control and ticketing systems. We use Git and Jira
What desirable skills would we love to see for this role
- Agile experience. We follow Scrum, familiarity with basic Scrum concepts (sprint, retro, story point, planning, estimation, etc…) is a bonus
- Public cloud experience. We use AWS, and rely on tools like Terraform and Ansible to help manage and provision our infrastructure. If you've done anything similar in Azure or Google Cloud Platform you're ahead of the game!
- Production support experience. Our production monitoring lives in Datadog, and we expect developers to understand how to implement monitoring metrics for the features they deliver
How you will contribute to the Development team
- Scalability is essential for our success and you'll be working on Node.js services built on AWS engineered to provide self-healing, auto-scaling, redundancy, audit and logging
- Part of delivering robust and scalable services involves thinking about how to deploy and monitor them. You will help create service health metrics, infrastructure code and provisioning tools
- As a product and customer focused company, you will work closely with team members in other functions, including sales, support and marketing
What will Hubdoc offer you
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects that will help to advance the accounting technology ecosystem and power the small business economy
- Personal and professional growth – our team is quickly expanding to match the fast pace of our company's growth
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- A competitive salary + equity
- Benefits, including spend accounts to put toward whatever makes you healthier!