Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
This position is responsible for development of enhancements to our Costco HighJump system in both WebWise Page Editor, Advantage Architect and T-SQL. This position will work closely with our HighJump Architects for technical direction and guidance and our Business Solutions group for operations functional guidance. This position may also be occasionally called upon as an escalated level for support events.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Participates in requirements gathering sessions so as to ensure clear understanding of needs as it relates to Operational and/or reporting utilization in our Costco Logistics field operations.
- Prepares and presents detailed functional and technical specifications that support functional requirements.
- Develops solutions to specifications on time, within budget and with an impeccable degree of quality and precision to specification.
- Prepares and clearly communicates best in class methods by which Costco Logistics operations can effectively utilize the enhancements developed
- Interacts with other developers, operations, Product Owners, and Business Solutions Analysts to ensure that the technical solution offers scale and supports business needs.
- Creates and maintains documentation standards.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and developing using HighJump/Korber product suite(Webwise Page Editor/ Advantage Architect).
- 5+ years’ experience with relational database development using SQL Server/Oracle.
- 3+ years’ T-SQL experience.
- 5+ years of T-SQL experience.
- Experience with HighJump/Korber installation, migration and upgrade processes.
- Ability to develop a scalable and high performing solution aligning with Enterprise Architecture guidelines.
- Strong documentation skills that will be used to create process flow designs, key design decision documents and technical/functional reference guides.
- Experience with REST Web Services/API calls.
- SQL Service Broker / JSON expertise.
- Working knowledge of any Git/Github/Jenkins/Azure DevOps.
- Experience in an Agile development methodology.