As a Software Developer for the Heartland Restaurant Point of Sale team you will design, develop, test and maintain applications using React, Node.js, PHP, and MySQL. You will also work on multiple projects in a Scrum based agile team and be responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate is a software engineer at heart with a passion for delivering high-quality user experience.
Your skills will be needed in developing and maintaining our commercial products to grow profitability and market share. Including but not limited to: migrating to cloud-based infrastructure; optimizing deployment pipelines; automating manual and repetitive activities; researching new technology; providing proof-of-concept demonstrations and much more.
Teamwork is an important part of Heartland's success and as a Developer you will be expected to mentor and develop your teammates and to work effectively with many different functional roles in our organization from operations, to infrastructure, to quality assurance and beyond.Job Details:
What will you be doing?
- Understand business requirements and deliver a working product
- Perform code reviews.
- Write code in React, Node.js, PHP, and MySQL.
- Perform application builds.
- Perform unit and integration tests.
- Troubleshoot bugs in the application.
- Research new technologies.wton
- Architect and design systems and solutions
- Identify and implement patterns and practices in the software to reduce complexity and improve quality
- Be able to receive feedback from others in the organization including your teammates
- Implement automated build and release definitions
- Research new and innovative technologies and speak to the pros and cons of adopting them
- Develop proof-of-concept solutions
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent programming skills with various technologies including React, Node.js, PHP, MySQL.
- Experience working with AWS Lambda and web services
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and related concepts.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience developing commercial applications
- Works well in a team atmosphere
- 4 years of experience in software development in small to medium sized businesses
- 2 years of experience in developing Web applications