5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Self-motivated developer for .Net engagement. Develop, test and deliver a new version of the Air Combat Command Consolidated Tasking Schedule software tool. Flying Organization Taskable Resource Scheduler (FORTRESS) is a web base tool based on Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server using HTML and Java Script. Must have ability to independently modify existing or generate new code from functional designs, use cases, or software design specifications. Software analysis and development skills are key to success in this position.
- Responsible to the project manager for developing, testing and delivering a new software tool and appropriate documentation IAW requirements list, project plan and test plan.
- Develop new and modify existing code using .Net Framework
- Perform functional testing of new software tool and identify required modifications.
- Perform production deployments.
- Update documentation. Perform Configuration Management (CM) and software Quality Assurance (QA) as part of software maintenance plan.
- Perform data backup and recovery, account management and networktroubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain databases to include tables, relationships, forms, queries, reports, macros, and Visual Basic modules.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience related to the following tasks that demonstrates ability to perform as a subject matter expert.
- Perform software modifications to improve functionality and system stability and reliability.
- Identify and prioritize software functionality requirements based on current user processes execution requirements.
- Conduct software analysis to determine vulnerabilities and risk mitigation strategies.
- Two (2) years’ experience designing and coding new web-based database applications and ability to work independently.
- Two (2) years’ experience with maintaining classified servers on a DoD network.
- Two (2) years’ experienceworking with Microsoft IIS, Windows Server 2008 or higher and SQL Server 2008 or higher or equivalent database server; i.e. Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Proficiency in development of relational databases and the ability to create and manage the SQL Server.
- Configuration Management (CM) and Software Quality Assurance (SQA) principles demonstrated in practice and through formal training.
- Meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification Requirements in order to obtain administrator rights.
- Current, Active, SECRET clearance
- Knowledgeable of aviation operations or aircraft maintenance.
- Experience on software development project with systems similar in size to Air Force MAJCOM level.