Heartland School Solutions, a business unit of Global Payments, is seeking a full stack software developer to work in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Heartland School Solutions creates great software for the K-12 nutrition and payments processing market.Developers on our team are expected to be fast learners who will quickly grasp the inner workings of a variety of existing systems and rapidly deliver new functionality. These systems are a collection of ASP.NET C# web forms applications, C# win forms applications and legacy C++ and Visual Basic 6.0 desktop applications usingMS SQL. We are all accountable for the full range of activitiesrequired to deliver on that mission, from understanding the overall business and particular project requirements, writing tests, building the software, delivering it, and supporting it. We expect softwaredevelopers to be willing and able to switch hats to serve the greatest needs of the team.
- Write unit tests and/or automated acceptance tests that describe and validatedesired business features
- Write top-notch, clean, readable code within business driven timelines
- Quickly grasp the fundamentals of the K-12 nutrition industry such as meal planning and production, point of sale systems, inventory and ordering systems, and governmental certification
- Refactor existing applications for reliability, performance, and automated testing
- Design and implement new systems, and enhance existing systems to meet business needs, using C# and SQL
- Contribute to an environment that embraces best practices, continuous improvement and professionalism.
- Always leave the code better than you found it, don't perpetuate legacy code.
- Continue growing as a software developer.
- Experience trumps education, but a bachelors or otherdegree in a software related field will be considered.
- C# Test-Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
- Proficient in Refactoring for Test
- Proficient in MS SQL
- Proficient in analyzing and fixing errors and performance issues in deployed code, which may have root causes outside of the code itself (e.g., hardware, network, or database)
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.