- Transform high level user and customer requirements for complex system functionality into streamlined, architected graphical user interfaces and applications that are tailored to the specific end user’s operational needs
- Design and implement custom messaging protocols using appropriate communications tools such as XML, JSON, etc.
- Interface with G3 proprietary components and third party software and hardware components and systems such as mapping and visualization tools and packages, databases, etc.
- Design and implement software modules for large array of G3TI’s wireless products for various target platforms: Linux Multi-core platforms, PC Applications/platforms, Small embedded SBC platforms, mobile phones, etc.
- May support proposal efforts and new business development opportunities
- Travel to other G3 Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
Required Skills and Knowledge:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ as well as higher order languages such as Python
- Linux/Unix expertise and application development experience
- MySQL, mongoDB or similar embedded database solutions
- Git/Git Lab source control
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and coding of TCP/IP distributed systems architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and balance requirements and objectives from various sources
Additional Desired Skills:
- Mobile phone development: Android, IOS, Windows Mobile, J2ME, etc.
- Experience with Raspberry Pi of similar platforms
- Windows development experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and the .NET Framework
- Wireless protocols: 5G, LTE, UMTS, GSM, CDMA, S1, Iub, Iuh, RANAP, etc.
- Experience leading small development teams
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Multiple openings available at various levels of experience
- Advanced degree preferred