Software Developer, Express
Have you ever thought about working with an amazing organization, surrounded by amazing, scary smart, people and making the world a better place? Click the apply button now because guess what? You found us. Our scary smart development team designs and builds software that drives the majority of activity in the public sector (city, counties, states).
What do we need? Someone who
- is a full-stack web developer to lead the creation of a new web application;
- has the ability to design, prototype, and deliver production ready web products, based on business requirements, in multiple operating environments;
- is highly motivated;
- is talented;
- is self-motivated; and
- thrives in self-teaching research environment; and
- will assist with vetting new technologies for use in the production application. What applications may be associated with this position?
- ASP.NET C#, MVC, Bootstrap;
- SQL Server;
- Tooling: Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio; and
- Delivery: Team City, Mercurial, Git. Usability and design of the application will be a primary focus (Small Print: We don’t expect applicants to have a full range of experience with all the noted technologies, but the ability to learn quickly is essential.) What are this Person’s Primary Responsibilities?
- Research various technical frameworks and help to rapidly make utilization decisions.
- Participate in collaborative team discussions.
- Deliver rapid iterations ready for end users.
- Produce high quality, user-ready, code.
- Design new functionality with consideration for maintenance, extensibility, efficiency, and time to market
- A four-year degree in a related field or equivalent relevant experience is required.
- Mastery of an object-oriented language.
- Must be intelligent, assiduous and must get things done.
- Extremely strong problem-solving abilities applicable to troubleshooting complex and abstract problems allowing to implement creative, realistic solutions.
- Ability to move a complex project forward with very little direction.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technology platforms.
- Focus on time to market, while also implementing excellent design.
- Demonstrated history of high production.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems and involvement in software design.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, agile environment as a member of a SCRUM team.
- Hunger to learn new concepts such as complicated frameworks or business rules. Passion for developing great software.
- Exhilarated by learning new things and constantly seeking to grow skillset.
- Excellent face-to-face, verbal, and written communication.
Requisition Number: 73030290