Criterion Systems is seeking a mission-focused Expert Software Developer (Mission Software) to support and contribute to our government customer’s success in McLean, VA. The individual in this position must be a motivated team player that strives for professional and technical excellence in all phases of software development to provide support the customer’s current assessment and upgrade of its data ingestion processes and its growing business analytics requirements.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with data architects, web developer and Java developers, and other cross-functional teams in a highly entrepreneurial, experimental, and idea-filled culture.
- Work with the customer organization to develop new applications and maintain code in legacy systems.
- Focus on front-end aesthetic design for web presence, and back-end development.
- Use PL/SQL and other tools to connect web front-end interface to live data.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Offer ideas for new products and services, and improvements to existing interfaces, and stay abreast of industry trends and technological advancements.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 11 years related experience.
- Must have at least one-year on-the-job experience in Cloud-based application development or (equivalent in training or professional expertise).
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly Clearance.
- Must have DoD 8570 CE.
- Experience in full-stack software development, including front-end,back-end, database and DevOps languages and frameworks.
- Experience using Java software development tools including J2EE, JDBC, Web Service Soap/Rest, SML, JSON, Unit testing and the Agile Development Process.
- Experience utilizing Java Script, jQuery, HTML v.5, JDBC and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with Oracle software development including, but not limited to triggers, functions, procedures, and packages utilizing PL/SQL.
- Demonstrated strong software development skills in a cloud-based production environment.
- Significant O&M experience with legacy applications.
- Knowledge of AWS service including, but not limited to, VPC, Auto Scaling, RDS, Data Pipeline.
- Experience with Availability Zones (AZ) and knowledge of the difference between on-demand and reserved instances (RI).
- Experience working on team utilizing DevOps tool and services, such as Github, Puppet, and Jenkins to enable efficient software development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Ability to diagnose, isolate, explain and expediently resolve complex problems pertaining to application development.
- Excellent ability to document systems schematics and application dependencies.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and collaboration skills, especially the ability to explain complex technical issues to a nontechnical audience.
- Must be a self-starter comfortable working directly with customer/end users.
- Must stay up-to-date and knowledgeable of industry technological enhancement and changes, assess and select enhancement/innovations deemed feasible and appropriate.