$80K — $100K *
Software Development Engineer (SDE) experience is a unique one at Amazon. Teams are structured in small groups with a strong impetus to innovate, drive end to end ownership and meet critical business goals. Sr. SDEs get to rub shoulders with outstanding principal engineers and researchers with industry leading technical abilities, solving challenging engineering problems that affect millions of Amazon customers. Engineers also get to collaborate and work with teams across the globe, in the process being exposed to a range of technologies, best practices and solution patterns. Our brown bag sessions and Principal talks are among the most popular presentations with healthy debate and a cross pollination of ideas. All this contributes to the grooming of the 'fungible' Amazon engineer who has exemplary technical skills, sharp business acumen and a strong drive to get things done.
The Amazon Subscribe and Save team has complete ownership of the software platform that powers the SnS program across all the locales in the world. Engineers in this team are engaged in solving hard engineering problems every day in order to offer the best subscribe and save experience to users. We are obsessed with delivering software that is highly optimized and meets very high quality and performance bars.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer, you will develop, execute and maintain software products. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities.
You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define product requirements, design software, code software and develop tests
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
Valid through: 8/13/2020