Job ID 2018-17574
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Create and support technology solutions through full-stack development activities as a part of an agile team, attending and participating in daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives.
- Collaborate with product owners and agile team members to refine the product backlog.
- Participate across the software development lifecycle, including supporting and leading feature/function design, build and test activities.
- Demonstrate a bias toward action and embrace the ‘hypothesize-build-measure-learn’ cycle.
- Take ownership of full-feature functionality and solution capabilities.
- Make and meet customer commitments – for each 2-week sprint and each programincrement.
- Focus on flow – minimize work in process (WIP), reduce batch size and actively manage queues.
- Innovate and find creative ways to improve daily work
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
Compassion’s Cultural Behaviors:
We are a community of people who are:
- Here for a reason – the mission
- Serious about personal growth – ours and others
- 100% for one another
- Careful with our words, and
- Invite others in
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
Ideal candidates will have work experience with:
- agile software development practices and frameworks (e.g. Scrum, XP, SAFe, LESS)
- emerging technology architectures (e.g. Microservices, Containers, Serverless Computing)
- cloud based source code control (e.g. Git)
- customizing or configuring enterprise cloud-based software solutions
- system integration techniques and tools (REST, SOA, Microservices)
- collaboration tools (e.g. Rally, Confluence, Slack)
- Test automation and continuous integration / continuous delivery tools