Software Developer .NET
An exciting opportunity exists to join ProAssurance, a specialty writer of professional liability, products liability and workers' compensation insurance. With over 950 employees operating in 40 states, the company is well positioned to offer career opportunities to individuals interested in professional growth.
We are currently searching for a Software Developer .NET in our Birmingham, AL office. The primary responsibility of the Software Developer .NET position is to utilize development tools and guidelines to prepare and maintain code for various .Net applications. This position requires good communication skills, a positive attitude, and comfortability working as a part of an Agile team. The Software Developer.Net must have the right skills, see 'opportunities' instead of 'problems,' and want to be a part of an energetic development team.
Job Duties include:
- Develop both new applications and improve our existing ones in performance, capability, and reliability
- Participate in all aspects of the product development life cycle form- design to delivery
- Follow documentation standards
- Follow development specifications and standard
This position prefers a Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 2 years' experience on Microsoft.Net programming.
The ideal candidate:
- Understands basic databasearchitecture, tables, functional interactions, and recognize while understanding impacts to downstream systems
- Knowledgeable in C#/ .NET and knowledge of XML and using XML transformations is a plus
- Experienced with source control, preferably TFS, Java and Web Services and APIs (WSDL, SOAP, REST, and WS standards)
- Ability to work and coordinate with third parties on data related inquires
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with the principals of Scrum methodology