At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries. About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia's cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia's multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies. General Purpose of the Role/Job Position Summary Description:
Join the Nokia Software Digital Trust team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the best in cybersecurity. If you are passionate about changing the future and want to work with Big Data Analytics, the Internet of Things, Cyber Security, and Cloud - all deployed in innovative Nokia products, then we may have the job for you. The Digital Trust team is looking for strong software engineers to join our growing team.
Nokia plans to transform the IoT business with new strategic initiatives to be become the leader in IoT evolution. The eSIM/iSIM Remote SIM Provisioning (RSP) capability will enhance Nokia's E2E IoT solution. Key Responsibilities / Functions:
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- As part of the agile development team, be responsible for specification review & analysis, feature estimate, design, implementation, system integration, test automation and quality assurance of Digital Trust products
- Prepare design documentation, test plan and test cases (e.g., integration, system, reliability, stability and performance) according to product specification and architecture
- Complete test execution, raise bugs and follow-up with the team to correct the fault in a timely manner to ensure on time product delivery with quality
- Responsible for overall application development, testing and deployment by using continuous development methodology & DevOps
- Use best practice development & testing methodologies and automation in the design & development phase to ensure quality before hand-off to QA efforts for future testing & validation.
- Working closely with customer support and services organization to understand issues and present solutions. Help team members to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems. Communicating task and project status to the team and engineering
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, Candidates with degree in a technical field (CS, EE, etc.) will be more relevant
- At least 5 years of experience in the below qualifications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge in Java, Cloud, Docker, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Database, Containerized Applications, Microservices, etc.
- Knowledge in Agile development process & DevOps practices
- Knowledge in design for security and security & privacy requirements (e.g. GDPR, etc.)
- Experience with source control & loadbuild tools: e.g. git, gerrit, Jenkins
- Device level protocol experience
- Experience in security tools and technique
- Understanding/exposure to cryptography: symmetric, asymmetric, PKI
- Sound understanding of operator- and cloud-technology.
- Solid presentation skills. Ability to engage the hands-on technical experts.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Experience using Linux and Windows Desired Qualifications
- Experience in mobile app development: Android, iOS
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Team Player - able to communicate effectively across Practices and Customer Teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of personal responsibility
- Desire to learn new skills and new technologies
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of self-motivation and maturity
- Able to work and produce targeted results with minimal supervision
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.