What You’ll Do: As a Software Developer, you will work in a collaborative environment, sharing information and further developing your development skills. You will also provide technical knowledge and direction as you proceed through the software development lifecycle with your team members. The primary goal of the Software Developer is to write and maintain DSI’s applications for the corresponding platform. This will involve maintaining responsibility for the development, readiness, and deployment of DSI’s applications. Here’s a closer look at your primary responsibilities:
- Work with the Manager of Software Development to design and implement applications to support our Enterprise Printing Platform.
- Designing software components and writing source code.
- Technical analysis and research for new projects.
- Unit testing of components and peer testing of other developer’s components.
- Documenting how each application works.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- 5+ years of experience with full cycle software development.
- Knowledge of thermal printers, RFID, barcode labels, thermal printer languages (ex. ZPL) is preferred.
- Ability to support and maintain systems and solve issues/bugs.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal.
- High level of initiative, accountability, and detail orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field is preferred.