As a Software Developer - Data Science, you’ll be a part of the team and journey that will transform the way we do business across various domains. You will provide vision and strategic guidance to evolve from common static analysis to dynamic machine learning deployment.
You will combine your expert knowledge of data science with your strong software development skills to automate and facilitate machine learning model development, training and deployment and will leverage your experience in building reusable algorithms, functions and libraries.
You will be working in an environment defined by continuous integration on multiple solutions that will exchange information. You will have to understand a complex architecture and guide its evolution.
You’ll collaborate with teams across the company to help identify new business opportunities while championing data driven decision making and the accelerated adoption of AI.
- Lead the software development and implementation of ML & AI and Big Data solutions
- Support and evolve the Advanced Analytics and Data Management roadmap by leveraging industry research, best practices and emerging tools/technology on Software Development
- Focus on code quality and timely delivery of AI products and solutions with a focus on performance, maintainability and scalability
- Build and maintain a strong engagement with key stakeholders to understand business needs and priorities
- Identify opportunities for code optimization and refine to improve effectiveness/accuracy and enhance ROI
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Engineers within TELUS as well as external business stakeholders
- Influence how we approach business challenges and opportunities by driving the adoption of a data driven mindset
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You are recognized for addressing business needs via your application of software development, data mining and analysis, predictive modeling, statistics and other advanced analytical techniques in which you have previous hands-on work experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a software engineering role with a track record of building highly scalable and robust systems
- You are sought out when it comes to analyzing and translating technicalities into business implications
- You have solid development experience with consuming and designing RESTful APIs in Python
- You are comfortable using various front end frameworks like React
- You are familiar with at least one of the cloud computing platforms - GCP, AWS, Azure
- Strong understanding of application level and system level software design patterns
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Machine learning and data science knowledge
- Experience with agile methodology and work in a start-up environment
- GCP or other cloud certifications