INRIX is a global company in the pursuit of helping people, cities, and businesses use data and insights to understand the world around them, making mobility smarter, safer, and more efficient. We process and compute billions of data elements every day and the amount and variety are constantly growing. If you like building systems where you can show off your skills in handling huge workloads and grow as the company grows then this position is for you.
Data is at the heart of what INRIX delivers and we have a small agile and focused team dedicated to ingesting, transforming, and managing data for the company. We are looking for a bright, energetic person to join this team to continue to improve the processing of GPS data and expand the types of data which span various types of mobility information. Learn and/or flex your skills in cloud computing and storage. Help the company grow in new and exciting products that help consumers and businesses alike.
Who we are looking for:
- Software Engineers with 4+ years of experience in production level software development, architecture and design.
- A team player. Bootstrap along with team members and then start leading efforts on your own as your knowledge of the system and domain grows. People that keep up with technology and love to make things better because that’s the right thing to do, not because they’re told.
- Innovative energy. We’re a small company with a broad reach. Don’t be a cog in the machine, get exposed to problems other teams solve, talk with bus dev, customer support, and understand the intricacies and variabilities of the real world. Got ideas? We want to hear them.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about dealing with big data. Our systems deal with data ingestion, data processing/ETL, data partitioning, data storage and data management and how to visualize and present information about it. Knowledge with AWS services like Kinesis, RDS, Elasticache, S3, Athena, Data pipeline, Glue, Lambda, EMR, Spark, EC2, ECS, Cloudwatch, and other AWS technologies will be a plus.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline.
INRIX is a small company that thrives on innovation with many tangible and intangible benefits that differ from some of the big companies in the area.
- Ranked as one of the top places to work in the Seattle area for multiple years.
- Competitive Salary, Benefits, and 401K matching.
- No policy vacation policy.
- Plethora of snacks and drinks, subsidized lunches, and free lunch Fridays where people are encouraged to get to know other people in the company.
- A boat on Lake Washington. You get your license and we’ll pay for the gas.
The people and passion. Meet and work with people that are smart, helpful, and love what they’re doing and geek out on it. Have the opportunity to make a big impact to both the company and our customers.