Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced online financial services application. Experience with web development is a plus, although more important to us is real programming experience and thoughtfulness about how and why you do what you do.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in the completion of your work. Working with other developers you might work on items such as: developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module, creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications, defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer-facing components for taking new business applications. The job will be varied and challenging.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 8-10+ years of of experience as a developer in a data-centric application environment
- Involvement in all aspects of data integration projects - from business requirements and interface discovery and definition through design, modeling, and development, to testing and deployment
- A solid grounding in data-driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems, structured and unstructured data, enterprise data frameworks)
- Extensive experience with diverse systems integration paradigms including nightly batch, intra-day incremental data loading, and near-real-time interfaces
- Experience with production support, troubleshooting, and batch/interface optimization
- Define and implement data quality and reconciliation strategy across complex systems
- High proficiency with ETL tools such as Talent, Informatica, and/or AbInitio; Superior proficiency with SQL and query evaluation & optimization
- Master the DB development with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other RDBMS (stored proc, trigger etc.)
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of audiences and varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Self-starter and self-motivated team player
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Neo4j and Cypher Query Language
- Testing strategy definition and framework creation
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Experience in multi-platform websites (desktop, mobile)
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Experience with, node, meteor, and/or angular frameworks a plus