Job ID: SUT000311
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet, a member of Hach Company, helps water resource professionals generate reliable data throughout the entire water cycle. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter in their vital role of monitoring the world’s water.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement.
OTT Hydromet, as part of the Environmental and Applied Sciences segment, is a proud Danaher company.
Come and join our Hydromet Cloud team building not just another boring project but rather an exciting solution that benefits your community, your country and the environment! Our customers place the utmost trust in our Hydromet Cloud product for managing live environmental data and water resources leading to critical decisions during flooding and inclement weather. The qualified applicant will have an opportunity to help architect and steer the development of the project and must be a highly motivated individual willing to drive innovation.
Software Developer for desktop and cloud solutions within the agile framework. Work with internal and offshore team members using Agile software design best practices and facilitate design and code reviews. Translate functional requirements into design specifications, associated risks and estimated efforts. Hands on development during software sprints for new features and sustaining existing installations.
Database architect, responsible for maintaining and expanding existing relational schema.
Develop and execute comprehensive test plans and produce design proving reports.
Produce comprehensive documentation on design implementation and API interfaces.
Candidate should be an excellent communicator, quick learner and highly motivated and should have the ability to work within a team or individually with minimum supervision. The ideal candidate would assume ownership of on time delivery and the quality of his\her work.
- Minimum 5years' experience with 00P and Java desktop applications.
- Minimum 3years' experience with relational database development, SQL queries and stored procedures. (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Developing web service APls (REST or SOAP)
- Apache\Tomcat web servers
- Continuous Deployment and test automation
- Agile Software development process
- Scriptinglanguages (PHP preferred)
- Internet communication protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP SMTP ...etc.)
- Cloud infrastructure, application development (Azure preferred)
- Bug tracking and sprint scheduling tools (Jira preferred)
- Code revision control (Github or svn preferred)
- Mobile application development on Android and iOSdesired.
- Basic Linux system administration.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
- Thinks through and analyzes complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause. (Charts the Course)
- Prioritizes effectively, acts with speed and agility. (Charts the Course)
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
- Actively participates in cross functional brainstorming sessions. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
- Consistently drives high quality, on-time results. (Leads through DBS)
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
- Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct. (Acts with Integrity)