Voya Financial is looking to hire a Software Development Consultant to focus on .Net Development to work in Windsor, CT. This developer should have previous experience working with C# and have a passion for development.
- Delivers software engineering designs and programs for new and existing products (enhancements and new product development) that meet business needs. Keeps current on best practices in technology, and market place trends (including business competitors and technology vendors).
- Provides practical, expert knowledge of technical design alternatives and the implications of each approach, participating and many times leading phases of the software development cycle. Identifies business value and cost for business and IT partners.
- Act as technical expert, resolving problems of systems integration, compatibility, performance potentially across multiple platforms. Recommends design alternatives, considering benefits and limitations to users based on in-depth understanding of business needs; may code very complex or high risk components.
- Practice standard development process leveraging waterfall or agile methodologies such as Agile Scrum and TDD Review and analyze business requirements and provides feasibility analysis on potential projects.
- Builds and maintains systems based on applications architectures to improve business processes and in alignment/support of critical business strategies
- Create technical design documents for applications using Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office– PowerPoint and review technical design/architecture with enterprise stakeholders. Using Visual Studio DevOps pipeline for source code, configuration management and application deployments
- Collaborate with Project Manager / Delivery Manager, Architect, Scrum Master and core development and QA team members.
- Conduct peer review and code review. Provide L3 production support and fix critical defect / issues / tickets / incidents.
- Provides technical direction and coaching to software developers and associate software developers in application development activities.
- Adhere to all organizational and IT policies and process for software development and project management.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience;
- 8-10 years of software development and engineering experience with exposure to C#.NET, ASP.NET, and Web services (SOAP/XML), REST API development, including 2-3 years in technical leadership.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience developing applications using Java Script/JQuery/HTML5/CSS/XML, Angular 2/4, Node, Bootstrap, etc. ASP.NET, Full stack .Net development (C#, Web API, .Net); and Unit Testing using Nunit, MS Test.
- Hands on experience in development and deployment of multi-tiered web application based on ASP.NET (MVC, MVVM), .NET Core & C#.
- Must have Web API/.NET Core experience
- Must possess SQL programming and SQL tuning skills using Oracle and SQL Server database platform.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of continuous integration technologies like GitHub, Visual Studio Team Services, Build/Deployment, and tooling
- Strong understanding data-structure, message structures fundamentals
- Strong understanding of software development practices and design patterns / anti-patterns
- Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment using Agile / Waterfall methodologies
- Good Analytical, Communication, Problem Solving and Customer Interfacing skills
- Detail oriented, focus on improving code metrics an with strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively work in a dynamic environment
- Openness to learning new technologies like Containerization, Public Cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Investment banking, Wealth Management and Financial Services domain understanding will be big plus.