The Software Developer will be responsible for software development, maintenance, installation, testing, and monitoring of various applications associated with a production system within a large DoD organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and test software upgrades and modifications.
- Research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Support, develop, execute, and validate with other members of the software team.
- Evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Maintain and administer servers and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations as needed to support the operational mission.
- Monitor system operations to detect potential problems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years’ work experience or equivalent experience
- Must be proficient with ONE of the following:
- 5+ years of experience working in a large program with a DoD customer
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain an 8570 IAT Level II or equivalent within 90 days of hire
- Experience with AWS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) technology highly desired
- Experience with Chef configuration management highly desired
- Experience working software through DevOps Pipeline highly desired
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Ability to manage multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including excellent Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a home office setting.
- Ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.