CACI is seeking a Software Developer to join our project team at Naval Station Norfolk. The Navy Tactical Command Support System (NTCSS) is a tactical command support information system for management of ships, submarines, aviation squadrons, and intermediate maintenance activities (afloat and ashore).
What You'll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will perform the following::
- Plan, coordinate and deliver software products.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and provide overall assessment of software products.
- Develop/code software in accordance to design artifacts.
- Design and execute software unit tests.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Identify and report software problems.
- Employ best industry practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizen
- SECRET Clearance must be current
- Bachelor's degree from a U. S. Department of Education accredited college or university or possess current and relevant certifications (ex. VCP, RHEL, Microsoft)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification or higher (ex. CompTIA Security+, CASP, CISSP)
- 5+ years of experience in similar or related role demonstrating knowledge of the general concepts and technologies associated with computer science and software engineering. (ex. Systems Engineering/Integration, Software Design/Development, Testing, IA Best Practices and Coding for Secure Systems, Implementation).
- Demonstrable ability with the following software languages: C++, C#, T-SQL.
- Demonstrable ability performing software development utilizing the following databases: MS SQL Server, Sybase.
- Experience with Windows Server environments, including .NET Framework and IIS (Windows Server 2008 or higher).
- Experience with code repositories (ex. TortoiseSVN or similar).
- The capability to identify the computing resources required to establish, administer and deliver source code (ex. H/W and S/W resources).
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with team members. This includes the ability to produce development-related documentation such as system/software designs and administration procedures.
- Possess a basic understanding of project management principles to coordinate with the PM for project plans, schedules, tasking, and estimations.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience performing software development in a Linux environment.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Experience with software development using mobile technologies, particularly Android
- Experience with .NET Compact Framework.
- Experience with JIRA or similar collaboration/issue tracking tool.
- Experience identifying security vulnerabilities applicable to DoD STIGs and remediating them with oversight.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.