What You Will Get To Do and More About the Role:
The primary focus of this position is to lead rapid software reprogramming support of assigned ground and airborne Electronic Warfare Systems (EWS) as part of the Army Reprogramming Analysis Team - Program Office (ARAT-PO) program for providing Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS) pursuant to Army regulations. The software development supports the life cycle activities of associated Army software systems and interoperability with numerous hardware systems.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret clearance.
- A BS/MS degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline)
- At least 1-2 years experience
- Proven experience designing, developing, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications.
- Collaborative skills working with other software and hardware developers understanding their analytic and interface requirements.
- Experience developing software tools and interfaces
- Enhanced skills designing, developing, and testing operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Understanding of operational specifications and ability to formulate and analyze software requirements.
- Experience designing embedded systems software on legacy, current, and emerging systems
- Assist following established processes and procedures for development and testing including configuration management
- Comfortable using standard Windows and Office tools
- Basic familiarity using interfaces of multiple operating systems (Linux, OpenVMS, etc.)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active Secret
- Understanding of software development cost and financial implications of development, modification, and reuse
- Understanding of risk management and mitigation
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to digest new technical information at a rapid pace for practical use
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility to work with changing requirements as developed and communicated from customer feedback
- Eagerness to improve efficiency and streamline work procedures