Universal Avionics Systems Corporation, an industry leader in avionics systems technology is looking for a Software Developer - Business Systems for our marketing division located in Tucson, AZ.
Universal Avionics is a global leader in Flight Management Systems and cockpit instrument displays for private, business, and commercial aircraft. We are seeking a qualified candidate to help us develop applications to support our high-tech aerospace design, sales, and manufacturing operations.
The Software Developer (Business Systems) will be responsible for working with business analysts and subject matter experts to design, develop, and integrate a wide variety of projects written in ASP.Net, MS SQL and Force.com Apex. The ideal developer will have broad knowledge of web, application, and database development technologies and be well-versed in software development processes, methodologies, and concepts.
Remote applicants can be considered for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop innovative web-based applications to support Universal Avionics business activities.
- Extend and update existing applications with a focus on best practices and data/application security.
- Deploy applications that incorporate data warehouse and business intelligence components.
- Design and maintain relational databases to support applications.
- Prototype customer interfaces designs and determine the best layout to meet the business and technical needs of the project.
- Coordinate with business and technical team members to document and review the application requirements and technical design.
- Provide accurate and timely estimates to project managers and project teams.
- Analyze, test, and debug completed software code to ensure proper functionality, optimal design, and compliance with defined specifications.
- Perform iterative reviews of web application functionality with users during the development process.
- Provide escalated support and troubleshooting for web applications.
- Functions and graphs
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to successfully interface between both technical and non-technical audiences in a professional manner
- Possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills, with a high degree of attention to detail and a willingness to take the initiative.
- Customer service oriented with a strong drive to ensure reliable applications and a high operational focus on keeping the business running.
- Ensure consensus with the business on all project goals and deliverables.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple complex initiatives at one time while meeting agreed-upon deadlines.
- Willing and able to quickly learn new concepts and technologies as needed.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Education and/or Experience
- 4-6 years’ experience with design, development, and maintenance of web-based applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.