This position is for a java developer in the APG CS – Client Flows team. This team within CS provides technology solutions to support the flows of cash and orders into Aladdin from Transfer Agents, external clients and Portfolio Managers including advanced controls and configuration tools to manage the process. Following the implementation of some new core functionality on Aladdin last year, the team is embarking on its next mission to create new products to exploit the platform for new data and processes with the goal of further automation of the end to end business process.
CS is a globally integtrated team with team members in Delaware, London, Gurgaon, Singapore,.San Francisco and Sydney
- The purpose of this role is to analyse, build, test and implement Java based solutions on Aladdin to enhance the platform for the capture and reporting of client flows.
- Working alongside business users and members of the development team to understand the business processes to develop best-of-breed solutions.
- Developing applications using several architectures including multi-tier/client-server and technologies such as Java,Spring, Hibernate, Sybase SQL, and web technologies.
- Working alongside project managers, technical leads and analysts throughout the whole Software Development lifecycle: understanding systems requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and documentation.
- Providing production support on existing systems and resolving operational issues while working with other support and development staff located across the globe.
- Building strong relationships with the business through delivery, communication and domain knowledge.
- Hands-on experience in a Java / J2EE development team using Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Multi-threading and messaging protocols
- Hands on experience designing and delivering complex, highly scalable distributed software components;
- Databaseexperience (SQL, DDL/DML, data modeling). Sybase experiencepreferred.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented development principles
- Able to work in a Unix/Linux environment
- Demonstrated interest in finance
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills to enable clear articulation while working with global team and portfolio managers
- Ability to work in a team-environment
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Candidate must have the ability to quickly learn the intricacies of complex financial instruments and adapt their technical ability quickly