We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Designs, develops, and tests new and/or modifies existing Big Data based applications/tooling/languages such as Python, Spark, Flume, SQL, Kafka, MQ messaging, Hive, and Impala.
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset.
- Develops scripting and components to support continuous delivery pipelines.
- Analyzes the technical and business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to develop a systems solution.
- Works closely with business partners to understand business requirements to design quality technical solutions that align with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
- Conducts various proof of concepts on new technologies and work with senior architects to develop recommendations that align with State Farm's IT strategy.
- Provides system software support for State Farm web applications and components.
- Maintains a current understanding of how technology can enhance and offer a range of solutions for business partners.
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset.
- Applies a thorough knowledge and strategic view of one or more web applications/tools (not J2EE exclusive) to help meet the needs of the organization and complete assignments.
- Conducts research and integrates industry best practices into Systems processes and potential solutions. Influences and offers feedback to business and systems partners to enhance the vision for web based software development, integration, and support.
- Drives/delegates unit work of other analysts (financial responsibility, expense management) and anticipates emerging trends.
- Contributes strategic work (crosses multiple organizational boundaries) and influences the direction set for teams, procedures, and processes.
- Drives, embraces, and enables an environment of change – fostering innovation, championing initiatives, efforts, and ideas for Systems and the Enterprise.
- Maintains solid relationship and strategic partnering skills with business partners, team members, and external associates.
- Understands, supports, and helps define the vision and direction for Big Data software development.
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- Discount Program: Are you in the market for electronics, jewelry, travel or more?
- Free covered garage parking
- Volunteer opportunities: Give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion--It's simply the right thing to do!