Seeking an experienced business solution designer and developer to advise teams on data design techniques as well as participate on Hadoop based build efforts.
Use knowledge of distributed computing techniques to design, develop, and test scalable applications that operate on large volume datasets.
Familiar with handling datasets containing mixes of structured and unstructured data.
Transforms unstructured data into suitable forms for analysis and modeling.
Performs extract, transform, and load (ETL) integrations with variety of data sources.
Writes ad-hoc scripts and queries, schedules batch jobs, and develops real-time streaming applications and monitors.
Background in technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, etc.
Provides system software support for State Farm applications, components and testing software
* 2+ years of experience with Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows/pipelines, and experience with data analysis may be substituted in lieu of a degree
* Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
* Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical knowledge effectively
Desired Skills Practical experience with:
* Data Analytics such as Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics & Shallow/Deep Learning ML modeling
* Data Analytics frameworks such as Pandas, Numpy, MatPlotLib
* Data ETL, Feature Engineering, and related data techniques
* Machine Learning frameworks such as: TensorFlow, SciKit Learn, XGBoost, etc.
* REST frameworks and API development and testing
* Working on Agile teams using techniques such as Scrum, KanBan, XP, etc.
Desired Skills Familiarity with or willing to learn:
* GIT, GitHub, GitLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
* Containers & container based APIs using a container frameworks such as Docker, or Kubernetes
* Spark, Kafka and streaming data
* Hadoop and the related stack (Pig, Hive, HBase, etc.)
* Amazon Web Services
* Relational databases (e.g., Db2, postgreSQL, SQLserver)
* Data Visualization tools
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period, beginning on the effective date of the position, which must be met before the employee can post for any other lateral State Farm position. Employees may be considered for openings for Technology Engineer positions or promotional opportunities into leadership at any time, and into a promotional position within the same job structure after 6 months from the effective date of the position. In these cases, the remaining incumbency would be waived. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours