Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Full stack software development with knowledge of AWS, Node, Angular, and CD/CI techniques and focus on quality and pace for delivery; along with experience with developing/testing and releasing technical components for multiple platforms.
- Design, deploy, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- Hands-on AWS experience with Lambda, SQS, and other services.
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability and experience with AWS services - compute, storage, networking and management/governance.
- Understanding of web service design and development practices, such as REST.
- Practical experience with agile methodologies and continuous integration environments.
- Transforming unstructured data into suitable forms for analysis and modeling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical knowledge effectively at all levels of the organization.
- AWS Certifications a plus!
- AWS knowledge/experience with S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, Machine Learning services and CloudWatch.
- Experience with Terraform (or similar infrastructure as code software tools).
- REST frameworks and API development and testing.
What You Can Expect
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.