The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Software Application Engineer.
Job Summary: Software Developer/Application Support for APL engineering and manufacturing applications.
- Support existing custom applications by upgrading to latest technologies, responding to user calls, and addressing operational initiatives
- Interact with all levels of users to gather and document requirements for applications
- Design, develop, integrate and test plans and automated software to enhance engineering applications and business processes
- Execute sound configuration management and configuration control of software products and documentation. Participate in design reviews, test plan generation and regression testing
: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or coursework in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of IT related professional work experience.
- Familiarity with software design and development, including recognized best software engineering practices and agile software development.
- 0 - 3 years' experience in software development with service based data-driven Java applications, Eclipse, Linux, Database SQL, and Configuration Management tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications to document and present technical work to a broad audience.
Special Work Conditions:
Occasional weekend and other after hours work required to meet critical project/work-related business needs.