The incumbent is responsible for managing a set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among various stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of AML technology, and to recommend technical / business solutions that enable AML technology to achieve its goals. To achieve this, the incumbent will direct a team of IT Managers and professionals responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of IT business solutions for AML technology. Working with an advanced level of expertise, the Director is responsible for the full development life cycle, management of projects/programs, and the direction of technical and business resources within the IT business line.The Director works with the business unit management and forms alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements and vendor management.The incumbent will effectively manage and supervise departmental and project staff by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback including the preparation of performance appraisals, and as needed, providing counsel and coaching, and arranging for formal training. This also includes the recruitment of qualified development staff. The incumbent will participate in long-range strategy planning and manage policy development to address complex business issues.
- The incumbent is responsible for planning and directing application/technology projects and ongoing support for AML technology.
- Typically involving multiple systems and impact more than one area or sub-component(s) of major application/technology projects
- Ensuring it meets the needs of the user group across the platform(s) and adheres to the architectural direction of Bank standards
- The Director is responsible for functionally managing direct reports and technical teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Provides counseling and coaching
- Recruits qualified resources for projects
- Develops departmental capability to exploit technology and develop expertise to meet future business requirements
- Ensures succession planning for all critical positions
- The incumbent is responsible for building and maintaining a strong working relationship with peers/management within the business lines.
- Partnering with stakeholders/teams to translate business strategies/requirements and identify appropriate solutions to deliver on objectives
- The Director will manage the budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for his/her department and/or projects.
- Interprets, applies and monitors return on parameters and performance indicators for all new initiatives are supported by the area
- May be required to work with Project Management, Business Analysis and Finance resources to ensure appropriate financial management of projects and operations
- Interprets and implements continuous improvement process for production issues to ensure that effective and timely resolution of problems and knowledge transfer
- The Director will meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely development and/or implementation of solutions
- Actively facilitate problem resolution, in anticipation of production problems.
- 7-10 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- Systems knowledge and experience (existing systems and new technologies)
- Business knowledge and experience (understanding of vision, financial objectives / how business functions and core processes interact / the strategic importance of projects, how they relate to Scotiabank's goals, how projects interact / impact of change and / or delays in projects
- Process knowledge and experience in scheduling, resource allocation, risk management and systems design
- Experienced in project management of highly complex technology projects
- Experienced in vendor management, including contract negotiations and managing outsourcers
- Experienced in managing offshore resources
- In-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, and implementing software projects and programs
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields, or equivalent work experience