American National is currently seeking an Applications Developer - Guidewire for our Glenmont, NY location! This position is responsible for the designing, developing, and testing of software code related to our Billing system.
- Manage projects as assigned including Guidewire configuration and code development.
- Work withinternal customers to design, develop, and make program or configuration changes.
- Program Guidewire UI, rules and integration code for BillingCenter 8.0.4 utilizing Guidewire Studio 8 (Intellij).
- Program using the GOSU language, a statically-typed programming language that runs on the JVM created by Guidewire.
- Unit testing and debugging.
- Design and maintain relational databases and SQL queries.
- Design and maintain reporting projects (SSIS and SSRS).
- Update technical documents as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in computer information systems, science, or an engineering related field.
- Highly motivated and ambitious, excellent communication skills, creative & critical thinker.
- Strong competency as a team leader.
- Continual learning and improvement in the understanding of software capabilities and programming languages is essential.
- Advanced skills associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including a minimum of 7years’ experience in object-oriented programming concepts. Advanced J2EE, XML, SQL, or other object-oriented programming language knowledge and experience.
- Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs.
- Experience implementing web services, APIs, or SOA.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of SQL Server Database, SSIS, & SSRS.
- Experience with Agile methodology and software version control
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Guidewire BillingCenter is preferred.