We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.:
WORLDPAC is hiring a Software Developer to be a part of an exciting team making a difference in the daily operations of a thriving and growing business. We are looking a for a motivated developer who is eager to expand his or her skill set. Our ideal candidate will have an attitude of perseverance and persistence within a supportive 'Can Do' work environment! You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise level business tools built upon Eclipse's Rich Client Platform (RCP). You will interface with user groups to gather and refine requirements for new and existing application features. You will collaborate with other software developers across disparate IT development teams on various business projects with the goal toward empowering and enabling users to perform their daily tasks more efficiently and accurately.
- Design, develop, maintain and support internal business intelligence applications (OSGI plugins) necessary to inform decisions related to product pricing and product sourcing.
- Regularly interact with users to gather and refine business requirements in an interative software development process.
- Collaborate with other RCP developers to maintain synergistic functionality and 'Look and Feel' across the various business tools (RCP Perspectives) within our enterprise platform.
- Collaborate with our web service team to aid in the of design necessary web service interfaces which support our enterprise business tools.
- Work with our Quality Assurance group to enable efficient alpha and regression testing.
- Implement new functionality for Worldpac's commercial mobile delivery application used by our delivery / point of customer teammates.
- Maintain existing functionality for our mobile delivery application.
- Provide user support, problem determination and resolution for our mobile delivery application.
- Demonstrated ability and desire in developing business applications with Java.
- Experience working with the JFreeChart and the Apache POI APIs.
- Experience with the Apache Axis2 web services platform and familiarity with SOAP and WSDL.
- Experience with both relational (IBM iSeries DB2) and multi-dimensional (Oracle Essbase) databases.
- Experience developing Eclipse RCP applications or experience developing OSGI plugins a BIG plus.
- Fluency with the latest Java language elements.
- Ability to design and implement OSGI Plugins within the Eclipse RCP framework.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with iterative software development.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Commercial mobile application development experience, preferably in the Microsoft Windows CE environment.
- Diverse experience with 3rd party API integration (i.e. IBM Mqe, IBM Mobile Connect, Apache Axis2, Apache POI, etc).
- Experience with C/C++, SVN, ant, PHP