- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient with communication skills (writing, organization, learning exchange)
- Familiarity with core protocols (DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TCP)
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals and host based networking
- Expert Linux/Unix performance and stability troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with devising, managing, and extending monitoring solutions for large scale environments.
- Experience in database management (Oracle DB, MYSQL, Postgres)
- Experience in shared file systems (Gluster, ZFS, etc.)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive
- Deep understand of service metrics and alarms through the development of dashboards, service KPIs, alarming systems
- Experience working in an operational environment with mission critical tier one services with associated pager duty
- 5+ years managing large scale, highly distributed, services infrastructures
- 2+ years managing host virtualization technologies (KVM, Containers, Docker, etc.)
- Proficient in coding complex, distributed systems using Python, Java, or C/C++
- Deep knowledge of Networking (TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPSec)
- Deep focus on building secure Internet facing systems and services in hostile environments
- 3+ years of experience in production software development with Agile methodologies
- 3+ years managing host, network, or storage virtualization technologies
- Expert troubleshooting skills
- Expert fleet automation and management solutions
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us
or Email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 125847 in the subject line of the email.About Us
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.