$80K — $100K *
We’re looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. At Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As a Senior Member of Technical Staff you will own the software design and development
for major components of Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure. You should be both a rock solid coder and a distributed systems generalist, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and low level systems, as well as design broad distributed system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
• 3- 8+ years experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of C, C++ or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed
• Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
• Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
1. Software Engineering experience with distributed systems within large scale environments
2. 3-8+ years experience working on challenging issues with a self-starter / self-motivated attitude (Will vary based on level)
3. Virtualization experience would be a huge plus
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Valid through: 10/14/2020