For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
The AccuMark team is looking for a software engineer to develop advanced 2D/3D CAD applications and help us deliver the end-to-end digital solutions needed by today’s fast-paced apparel and soft goods industry retailers, brands and manufacturers. You will work at the intersection of enterprise systems engineering and cloud platform development. Our systems are used by many of the world’s largest brands. You will contribute directly to the cutting edge of the fashion and apparel industry, such as personalization using augmented reality and 3D conceptual design.
A background in the apparel industry is not required. We are looking for a curious mind with an understanding of computational geometry, familiarity with 2D and 3D applications and a willingness to ask questions. Our team will bring you up to speed on the apparel industry and the advances in fashion-tech we are pursuing.
The ideal candidate will be ready to put their software engineering skills to use on a wide range of projects and technologies solving complex problems including algorithms, user interfaces, and systems integration. They will also be willing to voice their own ideas and opinions.
As an important member of our team, you will develop CAD software that creates production quality garment patterns and enables design and rendering in 3D. Working in the constantly evolving world of fashion-tech, you will explore and leverage the latest technologies and software paradigms to advance the AccuMark systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building user interface and algorithms for 2D & 3D CAD solutions
- Analyze, debug and refactor existing source code
- Deliver clean, quality code throughout the software development lifecycle
You are ideally qualified if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Game Programming, Simulation Programming, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with Microsoft Visual C++
- Intermediate skill with Python (or other scripting language)
- Experience with various graphics subsystems such as OpenGL, DirectX
- Working knowledge of algorithms, data structures and application UI development
- Basic familiarity with Computational Geometry, 3D Linear Algebra
- Familiarity with 2D & 3D applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication
We would also be excited if you have any of the following:
- Experience in programming CAD systems
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in C#/.NET
- Advanced mathematics aptitude and use of geometry and trigonometry to compute Cartesian coordinates to create and manipulate geometric shapes
- Ability to read and implement academic papers
- Experience in cloud technologies, such as AWS
- Family-friendly work environment
- Tuition reimbursement available
- Located directly off I-84, nearby UConn Storrs campus
- Convenient access to gym & health club.
Job ID 2018-4220