Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Data ScienceMember of Technical Staff
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
This role is available on the OCI Data Science
service. We are addressing exciting challenges at the intersection of data science and cutting-edge infrastructure. We are building a cloud service for data scientists, machine learning engineers and software engineers to help them every step of the way in their machine learning development and deployment lifecycle. Our product vision includes interactive notebooks, distributed machine learning on CPU/GPU supporting wide variety of ML algorithms/libraries, distributed model serving and robust monitoring and analytics of ML models.As a Machine Learning Engineer on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Science team, you will have a hand in the design and delivery of a high-quality cloud service with the capabilities, scalability and performance needed to match the needs of enterprise data science teams and enterprise application development teams. You will need experience with designing and developing software for machine learning solutions - solving real-world business problems.What You'll Do
- Build accelerated data science components and machine learning solutions for a cloud service on top of the modern Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) building blocks at OCI
- Participate in the entire software lifecycle - development, testing, CI and production operations
- Develop new features for the data science platform in a variety of classical and deep learning frameworks
- Work with customers and ISVs to troubleshoot data science solutions in data wrangling, data access, training models and putting them into production
- Design, Develop and Document robust software components with mentorship and guidance from others in your team
- Participate in on-call for the service with the team
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- DevOps Experience/Familiarity: Containerization (Dockerizing python), Linux/UNIX Shell, package management/Conda etc
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or software relevant field, CS, EE etc
- Understanding of machine learning (training will also be provided)
- Demonstrated programming abilities in Python
- Experience with software coding practices (unit tests, mock, logging, debugging, git, code review, etc)
- Meets/exceeds Oracle's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cloud Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku etc. highly desirable
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.About Us
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.