The Software Developer / Engineer is expected to perform in both a technical and consultative role in the support of the design and development of LG Electronics controls platform. Creation, organization and dissemination of product feature functions along with technical documentation and tools to facilitate the knowledge transfer to internal customers is key to the successful execution of this job function. The Software Developer / Engineer will support the development of new and evolving controls products to meet market demands regionally and nationally throughout the North American market. This includes monitoring industry trends and the evolution of controls technologies for opportunities for LG Electronics to grow market share through diversified product offerings. To be effective in this endeavor, the LG Electronics Software Developer / Engineer will establish and maintain relationships with colleagues within LG’s factories, North American sales and rep teams, and industry associations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop LG Electronics controllers, software and systems integration solutions based on design specifications
- Drive the design and development of new products and system capabilities
- Assist in defining product/feature requirements, feasibility, and alternate solutions
- Test products in development to ensure requirements are met and communicate abatement requirements
- Provide support to other teams in creation and review of engineering manuals and technical documentation
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing and solving technical issues and managing the associated risk related to the projects being worked on.
- Develops and manages relationships with solution providers and factory teams.
- Interface with top technology partners and contribute new ideas for innovation and breakthrough technologies.
- Work closely with internal engineers and external technology partners.
- Demonstrate a high level of adaptability to work effectively with international engineering teams.
- Utilizes design tools such as configuration management, source control, build management, automation and test tools, IDE, issue tracking system, collaboration systems.
- BS in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded system development or related occupation. Must have strong technical skills.
- Niagara certified developer.
- Experience with Graphical User Interface development
- Experience with Android and iOS app development
- Hands-on, embedded product software design, development, deployment, and support, including extensive experience interfacing software and electronics.
- Strong capability in issue analysis, problem solving and risk management of technical issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, management, and international teams to solve problems and broker information.
- HVAC industry experience a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Korean a plus.