- Responsible for the definition, coordination and completion of web development projects using agile software development methodologies.
- Responsible for staff management: recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training, project assignment, and performance management of the software teams
- Strong knowledge on IBM Unica platform is a big plus
- Knowledgeable on building web applications using microservices methodology.
- Partner with business to define the scope, timeline, and resources required for projects.
- Works with functional managers to form Scrum teams to execute software projects and helps them to succeed by making sure they have clear requirements and proper support.
- Ensures that Scrum teams are receiving adequate staffing and support to carry out their activities
- Participates in cross-functional project core teams and relays status to team members and upper management regarding the status of web projects.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected along with a reliance on extensive experiences in life sciences and software development.
- Ensure the software teams are properly following process protocols and remove any barriers to their success.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to support and leadership to colleagues.
- Ensures scrum teams are constantly improving and applying best practices towards the goal of becoming great engineering teams
- Comfortable with tracking metrics and providing significant support to the teams to always improve processes, technology or tools
- 5+ years of prior experience as a software developer. Java based web applications is highly preferred.
- 2+ years of experience using Agile Scrum development processes with specific training in Scrum Master or Product Owner roles.
- Significant exposure to building web/cloud based applications, AWS strongly preferred.
- Is a self-starter and comfortable determining direction in a highly dynamic environment with significant ambiguity at the project formation stage.
- Is an excellent communicator –to customers and partners, high-level executives, as well as highly technical project team members.
- An ability to be productive and prioritize in an environment with multiple competing priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.