Software Dev Engineer III
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our CRM Technology team to work on our platform that drives all our communications to our hundreds of millions of customers world-wide. The communications include email, SMS, push/in-app notifications and messaging apps. We send millions of communications to our customers every day, so we are building a highly scalable, highly automated system that truly understands the customer journey through machine learning to deliver the most relevant communication to our customer at the right time throughout their journey.
You should be very comfortable with various open source technologies and have a passion for creating the best user experience possible. You should be a fast learner and always have an eye out for the latest development in the travel and software industry. You are an expert at working on a team that loves Agile, Test Driven Development and Continuous Delivery. We are demonstrating heavily cloud-based solutions as well, so you will also help us define and implement our cloud computing strategies.What you'll do
Who you are
- Use your creativity, outstanding engineering skills, and technical knowledge to deliver communication to our customers
- Work closely with architecture, product and lead business critical projects.
- Identify and adopt new technologies, frameworks and standard methodologies
- Improve the operational aspects of the platform with updates to our deployment process, test automation, performance tuning and monitoring
- Share your interests and passions with our fun-loving, active team
About Expedia Group
- Possess significant professional experience in software development
- Experienced knowledge of micro-service architecture
- Experience working in AWS and continuous delivery practices.
- Dedication to writing and maintaining high-quality code.
- Ability to rapidly acquire and learn new software skills and technologies.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Spark, Scala, Kotlin and NoSQL technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field only
- Minimum 5+ years of software development experience required
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
KJ Test 123
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.