The majority of big data is inactive or less periodically retrieved and continues to grow exponentially. Conventional storage mediums are not optimized for cost and are a poor solution. Glacier was designed from launch to provide secure, durable, and scalable cold data storage at a very low cost.
We have grown rapidly since launch and are currently solving scaling and algorithmic problems that have never been tackled before. We effectively use a wide variety of techniques across many domains to bring leading-edge solutions for long-term durable storage.
Being a part of the Glacier team will mean your focus will be on discovering innovative solutions to reduce the cost of a byte down to hardware layer. You will design new services and features using cutting edge frameworks to support all the exciting data, intelligence and hardware centric projects in pipeline.
We have a very unique opportunity to shape the future of cold storage industry and your goal to solve challenging problems will play a key role in its success. Our services are designed in a common Java based MVC framework and utilize the latest Reactive trends. You will get exposure to all this, while having a fun and supportive culture at your disposal.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years professional experience in software development
· Some relevant experience with REST based micro-service frameworks.
· Adept with computer science fundamentals. Such as, algorithm design, problem solving, data structures and complexity analysis
· Skilled in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· Ability to take ownership of features and projects from end to end.
· Experience building complex and distributed software systems that are in use by customers.
· Experience with offline storage technologies and domain.
· Familiarity with robotics systems and data encoding techniques.
· Experience designing services to manage and optimize access for hardware resources.
· Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle.
· Ability to launch a project from grounds up.
· Experience in requirements analysis and designing complex solutions.
· Experience effectively mentoring junior engineers and in leading complex technical deliverables.
Job ID: 662806