Job ID: 815505 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Want to join a startup team building new Alexa experiences for hospitality and other out of home segments?
Customers love the convenience of Alexa, and many hotels have chosen to add Echo to their rooms so customers can access Alexa when on the road.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented experienced engineer who has built innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will deliver Alexa magical first experience to hotels' guests and other out of home segments as well as capabilities for the properties owners to efficiently manage fleets of Alexa and Smart Home devices.
You will build new services and experiences from ground up, will be a technical leader and have significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Alexa and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. You take pragmatic and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done, love experimentation and rapid iterations on the new concepts. You are focused, thoughtful leader of your team who works effectively with external and internal partners. You are highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 7+ years experience building successful production software systems
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interface
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Knowledge of Alexa
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age