We are looking for ??Software Design Engineer ?/Tester? for our client in Redmond, WA
Job Title: ??Software Design Engineer ?/Tester?
Job Location: ?Redmond, WA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Skills & Qualifications:
- ??Associates degree in Computer Science of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- BS or MSdegreepreferred.
- 5+ years of hands on coding experiencerequired (C/C++ code development??in Windows Server 2016 or 2012)
- 2 to 3 years of hands on experience in solving hardware and software??problems in PC, Enterprise server or Cloud Server required (X86??environment).
- 1+ year and a strong grasp of key technologies in servers such as CPU,??motherboards, BIOS, BMC, remote management, memory, storage sub-??system is required.
- Hands on experience in developing Diagnostic Code desired.
- Hands on skills to work in a laboratory environment a plus.
- Passion for remote problem solving in cloud environment is essential.
- Individual effectiveness skills such as discipline, time management, decision??making, planning and organizing work, summarizing results through??technical reports (TFS, MS Office) are highly desired.
- Self-motivated individual, must be able work independently as well as??collaboratively in a team environment and across the team of engineers.
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly??evolving Environment.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years of experience, not looking for someone right out of??school
- Degrees or Certifications: degree is preferred
- Best vs. Average:
- ???T?he most important thing is a passion for problem solving, someone??who loves solving a problem and is creative.
- C# coding Performance Indicators: problem solving ability, how they are working with the team.
- How they are producing the code that is effective
- Top 3 must-have hard skills- C/C++ Coding – Visual Studio on Windows
- ??Level of experience with each- Exposure to PC Hardware/Architecture, Data Center – 2+ years of??hardware/software problem solving experience
- Stack-ranked by importance- Hardware Testing Background - 2+ years of experience
?Roles and Responsibilities:
- ??Responsible for working as a member of development team to develop HW diagnostic modules
- Diagnostic modules are developed in C, C++ and C# in Windows Server 2016 and 2012 environment.
- Responsible for testing and validation of developed code at unit test as well as an entire diagnostic system in??Microsoft’s Cloud Server environment.
- Develop scripts (PowerShell, C#, Python, Pearl etc.) to support automation of diagnostics and test workflows.
- Work with Microsoft internal teams to learn various tools and libraries to make the diagnostic code compact and??efficient.
- Work with Server ODMs, OEMs and vendors to integrate and leverage their diagnostic and field tools to support?t ?detection of hardware faults.
- Work with Microsoft internal teams to integrate developed diagnostic code into data center fabric.