GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy towards small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures. With more than 18 million customers worldwide and more than 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
What does the job entail?
- Help GoDaddy build reliable software to operationalize our growing databaseinfrastructure.
- Participate in Agile processes such as daily stand-up meetings, tracking boards, design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure that their requests are delivered quickly and with the highest quality.
- Work with Database services team to help build out, maintain, monitor and provide self-help capabilities for our customers to self-manage their databases.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS/CE or equivalent industry experience.
- Passion to develop reliable solutions to complex distributed-computing problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to adapt to the situation at hand. Positive team spirit and approach.
- Understanding of standard web technologies (HTTP, JSON, etc.). Experience in developing RESTful API and services.
- Knowledge in relational databases (MS SQL, MySQL, or similar).
- Experience in Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible, SCOM etc.).
- Excellent Windows/Linux administration skills and understanding of system performance areas (memory, swap, disk I/O, network I/O).
- Experience with source control systems (Git) and software development disciplines.
- Effective systems design and problem solving skills.
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic agile environment and participate in all aspects of our agile process.
- Experience with DevOps and understanding of infrastructure services such as Docker, OpenStack, Artifactory, Kubernetes etc. is a plus.
- Experience with public cloud platforms is a plus.
- Experience contributing to or managing Open Source projects is a plus.