SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Be a core part of the Image Storage Engineering team and help deliver the promise of a better and more interesting tomorrow. Our service stores and retrieves expense/invoice images for over 50 million users with a 50% year over year growth. This platform is critical for automating the reimbursement of our customer's expense reports and invoices.
In the first 12 months you will deliver:
- Create a flexible storage solution: Create a geographically dispersed storage solution that leverages cloud and physical storage to meet the needs of our customers.
- Transform our legacy platform into a Micro Services based architecture: In order to deliver products in a more agile manner we are restructuring our code into a more modular/flexible solution.
- Design and implement for Growth, Performance and Availability: Our platform is experiencing 50% growth year over year in terms of transactions and storage. This platform is critical to many of the Concur products and therefore the platform's availability/performance is paramount.
- Own all aspects of the software lifecycle from design to delivery: If you are an engineer with a passion for architecting, building, testing and operating robust, scalable systems as well as enjoys working on the entire stack then this is where you should be!
In order to accomplish this you will need to:
- Have a solid grounding in Java based Micro Services architectures, i.e. Java, Spring, REST, HTTP, JSON, etc.
- Understand storage concepts/technology, i.e. NoSQL/SQL databases, file storage
- Ideally understand resilient event processing/messaging, i.e. AWS SQS/Kafka/AWS Kinesis for Data Streams, as well as logging, auditing and metrics, i.e. ElasticSearch/Kibana, Hadoop/Tableau.
- Ideally understand cloud technologies, i.e. AWS Dynamo, AWS Aurora, AWS S3, Kubernetes, etc.
- Have a solid grounding in Agile Development, i.e. Scrum, Continuous Integration and DevOps concepts (automated deployments, monitoring/alerting, etc.)
- As a team player be highly collaborative, i.e. an effective communicator willing to promote ideas but able to listen to others.
- As an individual have a results driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, confidence and a sense of humor. Rise to challenges and learn quickly.
What do you need to bring?
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant industry/academia experience in software development and full product lifecycles.
- Experience in working on agile software development teams which function in a DevOps environment, including experience in development, build, QA/QE, release and support of your own software.
- History of multiple release cycles of consumer facing code and API's delivered to the Web, via Cloud Infrastructures and open source frameworks.
- Proficiency with object oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Objective C.
- Proficiency in with database technologies, including strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL.
- Ability to pass a background check.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.