Wabtec Passenger Transit is seeking a Software Design Engineer (Embedded) to join their manufacturing facility located in Duncan, South Carolina.
Software Design Engineering for complete product life cycle development of embedded software systems. Activities include Planning, Requirements Management, Design and Analysis, Verification and Validation for product development on brake control systems.
3-6years of experience developing real time bare metal and RTOS based microcontroller systems in C or C++, preferably control systems, and involved in complete product software development life cycle (planning, concept, requirements, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance) in a defined software process environment.
Additional consideration for comprehension of activities related to process improvement and industry standard such as EN50126/50128/50129. Ability to understand electrical and mechanical interfaces to the software product.
- BS/MSElectricalEngineering or BS/MS Computer Engineering or BS/MS Mechatronic Engineering.
- Embedded Programming using C/C++ for Control Systems with RTOS, FPGA and Microcontroller/Microprocessors – Intel, PIC, Freescale, ARM or equivalent.
- Experienced in Embedded Software Design/development/documentation using IDEs, UML/Enterprise Architect, Doxygen.
- Understanding of TCP/UDP, CANOpen, TRDP stacks and Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C and MVB Communication Interfaces.
- Understanding and use of tools for Requirements management, Configuration Management, Verification and Validation Activities – such as Polarion, DOORS, ClearCase, SVN, GIT, ClearQuest, StarTeam.
- Experience with Debugging and Lab tools such as logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, multimeter, and oscilloscope.
- Familiar with Industry Standards related to software development and mature software processes
- Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis Skills for Embedded Systems
- Risk Analysis and mitigation practices
- Good to have experience in automated testing, scripting skills (Python/Perl/PHP) and creating custom development tools.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeedAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Wabtec takes affirmative action insupportof its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO Is The Law.