Candidate will take direction from Program manager, Chief Naval Architect and senior engineers and working on a fast-paced team of developers across multiple work sites both in and out of secure environments.
- Under general supervision, performs analysis, design, development, testing, debugging and implementation of moderately complex software components within the large-scale codebase.
- Identifies and resolves of hardware/software interface issues or other technical problems.
- Performs all necessary aspects of the programming phase of software development including coding, testing, debugging and documenting using current guidelines and standards.
- Researches and develops prospective applications and products and maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Participates in the analysis and development of test plans. Tests assigned components and units, provides test results and recommends corrections.
- Assists in the writing and/or presentation of briefings (reports on analyses, findings, and project progress), project or task plans, system specification manuals, technical reports and user manuals.
- Provides work leadership to less experienced employees.
- Performs additional duties andresponsibilitiesas assigned.
- Bachelors or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, Masters of Science preferred.
- In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 7 years applicable work experience.
- Experience with software development of algorithms, computer networking and interfaces in a Linux environment.
- Experience in one or more of the followingpreferred:
- Experience integrating and fielding complex software on multi-sensor collection platforms
- Design and application of front-end GUIs
- Signal and Digital Imagery Processing
- Machine Learning
- Implementing and executing complex systems in Docker
- Math, physics, and geodesy
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to communicate software concepts effectively.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in software and systems development; experience with software development tools and programming languages.
- Team Player able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance