Software Defined Networking Architect SDWAN in Hartford, CT atNextGen
Date Posted: 1/24/2019APPLYNot Ready To Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Software Defined Networking Architect SDWAN
Software Defined Networking Architect SDWAN to join our Network Services team in CT. As a Software Defined Networking Architect, this position will lead the vendor and technology selection, polices, and best practices for SDN as well as the implementation and production readiness activities at both the LAN and WAN levels providing supportglobally. This position reports to the Director, Global Network Architecture.
The successful candidate will have strong organization and communication skills witha background of delivering infrastructure projects of varying technologies in an enterprise environment provide design, consulting, implementation and support.
The focus of this role is to provide thought leadership, build and implementation expertise for SD-WAN, SD-LAN, NFV and WAN optimization technologies for efficient delivery of the application data across LAN and WAN.
- Evaluate technology and market alternatives for SD- LAN and NFV technologies.
- Develop architecture for SD-WAN, SD-LAN, NFV, and WAN optimization technologies and align with key stakeholders.
- Lead the design, configuration and deployment of selected SD-WAN solutions globally
- Develop technology roadmap for SD-LAN implementation and work with vendors to develop implementation roadmap.
- Collaborate with other infrastructure groups on Hybrid/Converged solutions Be the Network domain expert regardless of vendor and technology
- Manage third-party relationships and work with vendors to escalate issues and drive resolution for project implementation.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and experiment / recommend new solutions tomeet business needs.
- Work closely with the rest of network services on capacity planning, alignment of ITIL processes, and integration of vendor support with company processes
- Be a technical mentor to the rest of the network architecture and operations teams
- Passion for network technology and service mindset is must
- Experience with one or more SDWAN/SDN technologies preferably IWAN or Viptela
- 10+ years of experience in LAN/Wireless Lan / WAN network administration and engineering.
- Strong communications and influencing skills
- Exposure to Equinix Performance Hubs
- Experience working in a multi BU, Global company is a Plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- CCNP Required