We are looking for Software Database Engineer for our client in Beverly, MA
Job Title: Software Database Engineer
Job Location: Beverly, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Client develops innovative capital equipment for the semiconductor industry, and in particular, for the Ion Implantation step in the fabrication of semiconductor devices.
- Our Ion Implanter software ranges from low level device control of robotics and other physical components through generic framework middleware, infrastructure and data management to either an end user GUI or the integration of the equipment into the customer's host systems via the SEMI standards.
- This complex, distributed software is written in C/C++/Java/Forth/HTML and uses windows and VxWorks with CORBA for cross platform communications.
- This role is for an experienced Database engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and installing Oracle or SQL databases.
- Design, implement and debug database functionality. Experience with state machine design and event driven systems
- Review and understand relevant:
- Requirements specifications
- Architecture documents.
- Vendor database management documentation
- Produce the physical database models and schemas from the logical database models
- Implement the physical production databases
- Test and fix defects in the physical production databases
- Determine the optimum values of the physical data base parameters (e.g., amount of computer memory to be used) based on the database management system documentation
- Input the data base identifiers, descriptions, and parameters into the database management system(s)
Input user authorizations:
- Which users can access which databases
- Which users can access which data in the databases
- User access level for that data (e.g., create, read, update, delete)
- Initially tune the database code to optimize database performance
- Produce the database layer of software components (e.g., database wrappers, stored procedures)
- Produce database loading and batch-processing routines
- Produce the database-related contents of the following deployment and operations documentation:
- Database Design Document
- Data Dictionary
- Installation Manual
- Operations Manual
- Take part in the design evaluations
- Follow the Axcelis defined process for software development
- Participate in process impovement initiatives
Expert practical knowledge of:
- Oracle 10, 11 and MS SQL Server 2000
- SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
- Database design and implementation tasks, techniques, and tools
- Data Modeling
- Creating functions, stored procedures and packages.
- The database design and implementation standards and guidelines
Solid practical knowledge of:
- Logical data modeling
- The theory, practice, and tools of database management
- The major reusable persistence mechanisms and patterns
- Database security mechanisms
- The theory, practice, and tools of software engineering
Basic practical knowledge of the:
- Application domain
- Business enterprise of the customer's organization
- Integration and database testing theory, practice, and tools
- Configuration identification, configuration control, and associated configuration management tools
Required Intangible Skills:
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to initiate reviews on design & implementation of work, recording and implementing feedback.
- Familiarity with .NET, C#, C++, VB
- Clearcase on PC or other equivalent software version control tool.
- Understanding of ION implanters a plus
- Real world experience working in the above paradyme