The following attributes in a candidate are important:
- An Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Ability to Learn Quickly - You’re aware you don’t know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about learning new things. We are raising the bar for our customers every day which requires all of us to continuously grow and learn.
- Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll be working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration will be a key part of your success.
- End-to-End View - You will be working on a solution that extends from data origins, the data model, to end-user reports, and UAT. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, automation, and testability.
- Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building quality code and are willing to write the test before the code.
- Pragmatism – You will be building out the new digital products data platform in this role, and you will also be paving the way for our data strategy platform and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
We are obsessed with giving families the best products and content for early childhood, and this is an important role in making that happen at Lovevery. This role will have opportunities for growth in the future.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- Excel in delivering solutions of high-quality code that delivers against the business objectives.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and analysts to understand and deliver scalable data solutions.
- Deliver new and existing product and platform features.
- Build code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have empathy for parents as users of digital products.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer, the business, and the products and delivering an amazing experience for all stakeholders through digital solutions.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- You have 3+ years of experience with data development in Python (object-oriented) or equivalent programming language (with a personal methodology to learn new languages).
- You’re well versed in writing a production API from scratch.
- You’re experienced in cloud data processing ETL/ELT workloads such as EMR, Dataproc, or equivalent.
- You’re experienced in cloud-based data stores including data lakes, transactional databases, data warehouses. You are curious about graph databases and may have some experience with databases like Neo4j.
- You prefer working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS or GCP. You can automate deployments to these environments.
- You hate doing things twice, you thrive automating testing, processes, deployments, etc.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You’ve built eCommerce data technology solutions.
- You are driven and hard-working; you enjoy achieving big goals.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.