As the Customer Support Manager you’ll be responsible for the Customer Support function at Spotio. You’ll be the first line for answering complex questions about our SaaS product and assisting in diagnosing issues the customers are facing.
You will be an integral part to the company and our customers - helping them realize our Core Purpose of “transforming outside sales to achieve more.”
This role is a great opportunity to not only make an impact but learn and hone new skills leading to career growth. You’ll get the opportunity to work with stakeholders across all departments.
SPOTIO is a dynamic, fast growing startup in a greenfield market primed for continued success. We’ve just completed our Series A financing, earned recognition as the Dallas Business Journals 100 Best Places to Work in Dallas and are on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies.
In this role, you’ll:
- Effectively, succinctly and empathetically communicate with our customers to resolve their issues, from answering simple how-to questions to diagnosing complex software bugs using your knowledge of our platform and available resources.
- Own the support function at Spotio. Learn our existing processes and procedures and strategically work on methods of improvement to create a better customer experience.
- Be excited and invigorated to take on the responsibility and mentality of what it means to own a business function.
- Provide support through three main channels: chat (primary), email and phone. You’ll remain available to our customers and move between all three channels throughout the day based on customer and business needs.
- Adapt and tailor your communication and support style to the myriad of roles and backgrounds of our customers from front line sales reps to managers and executives covering a wide breadth of topics both technical and non technical.
- Take full ownership of any technical issues from beginning to end in order to usher each customer to a timely and successful outcome.
- Actively and productively team up with other Spotio team members such as customer success managers, account executives, product management and software development to drive better results for our customers, including identifying opportunities for customers to benefit from using more of the Spotio platform or services.
- Document and report software issues to the development teams needed to test and replicate the issue and provide context and detail on the issue and potential solutions.
- Work to keep our Knowledge Base articles up to date and accurate.
- Demonstrate composure, resilience, adaptability and urgency as customer needs and case volumes change. Operate with professionalism and integrity.
- As the team grows you’ll be responsible for onboarding, training and ongoing coaching and accountability for new members of your team.
About You and the Type of Skills You’ll Need:
- You have amazing customer service skills and the ability to maintain focus on the customer and their needs in a fast paced environment. You WANT to be there for them.
- Have technical experience, are very comfortable having technical conversations, learn new technology easily
- You naturally empathize with the customer and prioritize their needs.
- You’re comfortable with constant change and can adapt to meet the needs of the customer.
- Enjoy flexing some serious problem-solving skills as a customer facing professional.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage time, multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
- Have a clear, personable, kind and informative communication style in email, chat and on the phone.
- Readily help others and are very comfortable asking for help for yourself.
- Leadership comes naturally to you. You relish taking on new challenges and opportunities and are looking to continue growing in your career.
- 5 years minimum experience in a customer support role
- 3 years minimum experience in a SaaS customer support role
- Preferred at least 1 year experience as a manager or team lead. Previous management experience is not a hard requirement for this role but increase in responsibility over your career is.
- Bachelors degree required
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience using Jira, Zendesk experience a bonus
- Internally motivated and driven - can hold yourself accountable and require little supervision
- Proven success in a similar role with references from previous supervisors