About the Role: The Medical Products Division is looking for a Software Controls Engineer to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona. In this role, you will be involved in software design, specification, installation, startup, validation, project management, and support for new and existing equipment and systems.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will work with Design & Automation (D&A), Manufacturing, IT, Product and Quality teams to develop software for equipment and manufacturing solutions across the division. You will be responsible for working as part of a team to develop software requirements; as well as, develop robust software designs, solutions and tests to meet those requirements.
- Working with engineering teams to develop software requirements and specifications for equipment to support the manufacturing of medical devices
- Designing and developing motion control software along with Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for equipment used in a manufacturing and/or test environment
- Supporting, troubleshooting and/or improving software and related hardware for existing equipment and manufacturing systems
- Creating and/or updating software specifications and documentation
- Partnering with Quality Assurance and Process Engineering to develop thorough validation protocols and reports for commissioning equipment
- Working closely with vendors on the design and purchase of new equipment and modification to existing systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related degree (including Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, etc...)
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing motion control software and Graphical User Interfaces for manufacturing equipment
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and contributing new ideas and concepts to solve technical challenges
- Programming experience in .NET or C++
- Knowledge of controls platforms and systems including PLCs, Motion Control, Test and Measurement, HMIs, and Discrete Controllers
- Desire to work in a highly regulated, hands-on medical device manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, prioritize and complete large technical projects along with daily unplanned tasks
- Proven track record communicating technical ideas and concepts to a broad audience with various backgrounds
- Strong customer service mindset needed to support manufacturing
- Experience with motion control systems including but not limited to Aerotech and Allen Bradley.
- Experience with Machine Vision Systems, Lasers, data acquisition systems and/or MES.
- Experience in the medical device or other regulated industry