Software Configuration Management, Build and Release Engineer
We are seeking a Software Configuration Management, Build and Release Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining all software repositories ensuring that all incremental changes are synchronized to different code branches, managing all software build infrastructure, builds for continuous integration of code changes, and manage lab infrastructure. You will need to be enthusiastic about leveraging automation and integration of configuration management, defect tracking, code review and build management tools, and enhance existing processes to improve them continuously. You will also need to be able to support teams across the US and India.
- Must have at least 3 years of configuration management, build and lab management experience.
- Must have solid experience with GIT configuration management system.
- Must have solid experience maintaining and customizing JIRA defect tracking system, additional defect tracking system experience a plus.
- Must have strong hands on experience in Linux/Unix environments.
- Must have strong scriptingexperience using Shell, PHP, PERL and Python.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience in integrating defect tracking, source control and code review systems and other SW development tools is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycles, software configuration management practices, and release management methodologies.
- Very strong skills in troubleshooting build and compiler tool issues.
- Prior experience with Buildbot, Jenkins, JIRA and other Continuous Integration systems.
- Prior experience building tools to manage and share resources in the lab.
- Prior experience in branch management, including branch merges is a must.
- Prior experience in developing Makefile is a must.
- Must have a BS in CS/EE or equivalent.
- Experience in networking, virtualization and cloud technology is a plus.
- Prior experience in managing a large multi-release/multi-branch/multi-product/multi-site source control and defect tracking system management is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in developing tools to enable productivity improvements, including coding guidelines compliance check tools is a plus.
At RackWare, we believe that companies should have the power to freely manage, move and protect their data. We are a venture funded company focused on delivering solutions to easily and cost-effectively enable the use of the cloud for today’s enterprises.